Monday, July 11, 2016

"Pair of Pears No. 1" Work in Progress Painting.




"Pair of pears No. 1", oil on panel, 6" x 6"
Fresh off the easel. Finished this Saturday morning. Still tweaking the highlights and some cleanup but 95% done. I love painting the skin of the pears and the textures of the wood. I struggled with the skin but I found that by stepping back to arms length and painting the skin helped a lot.

You have really focus on the highlights and try to ignore everything else around them. You have to shut off that part of your brain that is telling you that you're painting a highlight on a pair and listen to the right half of your brain that's telling you that your painting a light gray shape with pinkish shapes in the middle.

I did an initial lay in of colors with a wash of paint and Turpenoid and let that dry. I came back to it on Saturday morning and finished up painting wet into wet. I'm still touching up the highlights and cleaning up brushwork but it's almost there.

No comments:

Post a Comment