Friday, July 8, 2016

Fried Egg Painting

"Fried Egg" Oil on board 6" x 6"

Here's another one I did the other day. I decided to try it after watching a documentary on YouTube entitled, "Getting Close" about megarealist painter Tjalf Sparnaay. In the documentary they show one of his paintings of a fried egg that is about 3 feet by 3 feet. 

It turned out to be pretty fun and I learned a lot about painting subtle shades, values and blending. I didn't get any where near as detailed as Tjalf did but it was fun exercise. As with any painting, you can get a crazy as you want with the details and spend hours rendering it but I wasn't feeling it that much.

Here's the link to the documentary, there's a lot of subtitles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQa4BmCCAu0





No comments:

Post a Comment