Thursday, June 9, 2016

Douglas McDougall Sculpting Charcoal and Graphite

Douglas McDougall charcoal graphite drawing on snowden cartridge paper
Douglas McDougall - Charcoal & Graphite on Snowden Cartridge paper.

Douglas McDougall creates these amazing drawings with charcoal, graphite and a scalpel. He explains his work by saying, “My medium is charcoal/graphite on 300gsm Snowdon Cartridge, it’s a combination of drawing/painting/sculpture with a nod towards the discipline of ‘trompe l’oeil’. Click on the above photo to view the fine details that he scratches into the surface of his paper. I love the textures and depth he achieves in his pieces. It's definitely inspired me to try this at some point on my own. I really wouldn't mind owning one of his creations in my home, I love these.

No comments:

Post a Comment